The Shit Lists
We've heard it before. "Shit happens." It is not one of the most profound statements ever made? Let us see what religion, ideology, philosophy, and science have to say about it.
More About "Shite"
Kmart commercial: Ship My Pants
"Shipped my drawers?" That's not what I heard.
Don't Know Shit?
Then it's time you read up on the definition of shit.
Courtesy of Dictionary.com
- excrement; feces.
- an act of defecating; evacuation.
- the shits, diarrhea.
- Slang. pretense, lies, exaggeration, or nonsense.
- Slang. something inferior or worthless.
- Slang. a selfish, mean, or otherwise contemptible person.
- Slang. narcotic drugs, especially heroin or marijuana.
- Slang. possessions, equipment, mementos, etc.; stuff.
- to defecate.
- Slang. to exaggerate or lie to.
- Slang. to defecate in (one's clothes), as from terror or illness; soil (oneself): She was so shocked, she shit her pants!
- Slang. (used to express disgust, disappointment, frustration, contempt, or the like.)
- give a shit, Slang. (often used in the negative) to care; be concerned: My ex will be at the party with his new girlfriend, but I don't give a shit. Who gives a shit if you're going or not going!
- no shit, Slang.
- (used to express amazement or incredulity): He got into MIT? No shit!
- (used to express one's annoyance with an obvious statement.)
- in deep shit, Slang. in trouble: If I don't study for that math test, I'll be in deep shit.
- up shit / shit's creek, Slang. in a desperate or hopeless situation; in serious trouble: You'd be up shit's creek if I wasn't here to bail you out, Billy—I'm telling you, this is the last time! Also, up shitshit's creek without a paddle.
And did you know that shit is one of Dictionary.com's favorite verbs? Don't believe me? Check out this screen shot. Do you see it?
Now that you know shit, well heck, congratulations.